This comprehensive laboratory manual contains 34 experiments with a focus on real-world applications. These experiments were written specifically to correspond with the first edition of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach by Nivaldo J. Tro. Each experiment covers one or more topics discussed within a chapter of the textbook, with the primary goal of helping students understand the underlying concepts covered in the lecture course and presenting this material in a way that is interested and exciting to the students.
Each Experiment Contains:
- A set of pre-laboratory questions that should be completed prior to each experiment.
- An introduction, including a discussion of what the experiment entails, why the experiment is important to students as chemists, and where the concept or technique learned can be used in the real world.
- Step-by-step procedure including safety information
- A report section including post-laboratory questions that should be answered upon conclusion of the experiment.
Additional Features Include:
- A section of general laboratory and safety rules.
- Photos and descriptions of common laboratory glassware and tools
- A detailed tutorial on graphing data in Excel.