Move beyond the color wheel and pick your colors with passion!
More than any other single tool at your artistic disposal, color has the potential to command the eye, quicken the pulse and elicit a response from your viewer. Mastering Color takes you beyond the color wheel, teaching you to paint with passion, follow your intuition and color outside the lines. In this engaging and unique color workshop, Vicki offers insight for artists of every level and explains the basics of selecting a palette to designing with color. You will learn about mother colors, transition colors, the corner theory and additional color concepts that other books don't touch on.
With this book, you will:
- Create a personal color palette as unique as your fingerprint
- Discover color combinations for capturing a full range of atmospheres, from light and airy to moody and pensive
- Turn a limited palette into unlimited possibilities
- Use temperature and value to make color sing
- Get tons of practical tips for making the most of specific colors, from working with white to mixing a range of natural greens and luminous blacks
- Troubleshoot your paintings for common color shortcomings
By combining your intuitive color knowledge with classic color truths, you'll build powerful compositions that express your unique vision and embrace your viewers. Open your eyes to a world of color!
Vicki McMurry adds color and light to her images in unexpected places, fueling sparks of heartfelt emotion. Recognized for her harmonious landscapes, she brings life and joy to every stroke of the brush in an approach to painting that gracefully combines a variety of styles ranging from impressionistic to abstract.
An award-winning painter, Vicki has been published in The Artist's Magazine, Dcor Magazine, and Southwest Art Magazine. In addition to being featured in galleries and corporate collections, her work is published by Canadian Art Prints, Winn Devon Art Group, and Open Air Designs.
Her website is www.vickimcmurry.com.